The following factors must be met for the Land Bank to pursue a project:
• The property must provide an important conservation resource.
• The property's identified conservation resource(s) should be vulnerable to adverse change.
• The proposed project must adequately protect the identified conservation resource(s) of the property.
• The acquisition should make effective use of the Land Bank's limited funds and resources.
• There must be general public support.
Recently, a petition was started to "save" Mar Vista from adverse development. As of this writing there have been 187 signatures added since it's inception on September 11, 2008. If you care to support the preservation of a relatively intact ecosystem it is asked that you visit the site, review the public outpouring of support and sign if you believe in seeking a more authentic life grounded in nature and spirit and the preservation of what few areas remain that deserve protection from our ongoing development.